19 May 2011

suburban shelter

Join me Saturday May 28 and/or Sunday May 29, from 2:00 - 5:00 pm for my last park project as part of the Gatekeeper's Lodge Residency, called SUBURBAN SHELTER.  I will be exploring Point Pleasant Park's brush with suburban destiny by installing a domestic survival scene within a 1/2 acre lot of land at the North end of Point Pleasant Park.  The site of this lot is based on a historic map of Point Pleasant Park where park land was subdivided into privately owned sections.  After establishing the boundaries of the 1/2 acre lot using GPS and field marking techniques, a shelter will be set up within the lot and I will be conducting a tea service from within the shelter both Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

SUBURBAN SHELTER LOCATION





I'll be posting more about this final performance project in the next few days, but I wanted to send out a little teaser... so check out the google map above for where the 1/2 acre lot will be located, the orange markers are corner posts for the lot and the purple lines indicate the lot boundaries.  For a look at the original drawing that this project is based on, visit one of my first posts in January of this year, called 'It could have been the burbs', linked here.

Hope to see you in the Park on the 28th or 29th of May!


No comments:

Post a Comment