21 June 2011

SURVIVAL/SALVATION





I am very pleased to invite you to the opening of an exhibition of work related to the Gatekeeper's Lodge residency in Point Pleasant Park, titled SURVIVAL/SALVATION.  The show is taking place at Eyelevel Gallery in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and will run from June 21 to July 1, 2011.  The official opening celebration is this Friday, June 24 at 7:00 pm.


Eyelevel Gallery is located at 2159 Gottingen Street.


This exhibition will wrap up what has been for me an exceptional experience with the park over the last five months; getting to know the park's history, its people and the city of Halifax just a little bit more has made me a more aware citizen of the HRM.  The show is a chance to show the works that have been developed while I've been in the Lodge and will include (among other things) terrariums based on species thriving in the park, drawings, small sculpture and video works .  I hope you can make it!


Also - coming up this weekend there is a fantastic performance series taking place at Point Pleasant Park, please see the poster below for more information about who is participating or visit the Eyelevel Gallery website (linked above) for more information.  I know I'm hanging out at the park this weekend to check out these projects - rain or shine!











No comments:

Post a Comment